Business Intelligence Specialist
A Business Intelligence Specialist is responsible for supplying crucial analytics and business solutions to organizations. A BI Specialist works directly with the BI Practice Leader as well as an array of clients spanning many industry verticals to deliver fact-based decision making. A BI Specialist is responsible for helping Aptera clients achieve their goals by aggregating data from multiple sources into an efficient reporting mechanism through relational and multi-dimensional database design and development, OLAP cube development, data mining, report and dashboard design, and ETL development using Microsoft Suite tools.
- Consult with clients on business needs
- Translate business needs into analytic and reporting requirements
- Design and implement relational and/or multi-dimensional data models
- Design and implement data loading (ETL) and publishing processes within a DW/BI environment
- Design and implement reporting applications
- Convert existing reporting tools to a standardized reporting infrastructure
- Test and document all new or modified BI systems, applications, and programs
- Troubleshoot BI tools, systems, and software; performance-tune applications as necessary
- Strong coding, troubleshooting, and debugging skills
- Strict attention to detail
- An ability to instill and reinforce a strong customer service and business-oriented ethic
- Ability to translate and present applications in an understandable and end-user friendly manner
- Strong written, oral communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Comprehensive data warehouse analysis and design experience, with full knowledge of data warehouse methodologies and data modeling.
- Strong understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Strong relational and dimensional data modeling skills
- Proficiency in .NET programming languages, PowerPivot, Master Data Services
- Familiarity with Visual Studio development environment
- Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint and SharePoint’s BI tools including:
- PerformancePoint Services
- Excel Services
- Must have demonstrated skills in the Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008 suite including:
- SQL Server Relational Database Management System
- Proven T-SQL development skills
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in a computer programming related field
Minimum of 2 years of experience in a software development environment
Certifications in .NET SQL, ASP, etc. preferred, but not required.
Aptera Software offers competitive compensation packages, including excellent salary and comprehensive benefits, performance-based bonuses, a matching 401(k) plan, a flexible work environment, and very possibly - the career of your dreams. Please submit your resume to email@example.com to apply for confidential consideration.
Recognizing and Rewarding Excellence
Aptera’s clients choose us because we are agile and responsive when it comes to designing and delivering solutions. We achieve this agility and responsiveness by hiring excellent people, giving them the resources they need—including an environment conducive to innovative thinking—and setting them loose on the project. Since our success depends on our people, we invest in their growth to foster our own. Don't miss this opportunity to send us your resume and see if you have a place alongside our elite business and IT professionals.